Idealist supports organizations and individuals who want to make a difference, bringing them together in the shared space of Idealist.org. Here, organizations can post their jobs, internships, volunteer opportunities, and events. In turn, individuals can search these opportunities and find ways to take action. This ecosystem brings together thousands of organizations and millions of people each year.
About the Community Support Team
The Community Support Team provides technical support and training to our community of 100,000+ organizations. The team also approves new organization applications and reviews select organization-generated content. Their goal is to encourage more organizations to join Idealist, successfully onboard those we accept, and ensure that our community is happy with their experience.
Community Support Manager
Reporting to the Director of Client Relations, the Community Support Manager manages the community support team, coaching them towards results and growth. In addition to providing support and approving content, they will also focus on site needs, all with a lens to ensure that those who sign up for Idealist quickly get posting and understand how best to use the site.
- Manage the team, providing coaching, feedback, and support
- Liaise with the Product and Tech teams to report bugs and advocate for site enhancements based on user and staff feedback
- Lead the team in testing new features and enhancements before deployment
- With the team, implement ways to engage new organizations through programming and other strategies
- Ensure that the Idealist Help Center content is accurate and useful
- Provide excellent phone and email support to our community
- Oversee expansion of our support offerings as we iterate on our Office Hours model and add other pathways to support, including chat, co-browsing, and the like
- Approve organizations and review content
- Manage posting policies, both current and new, planning for how they’ll be implemented and introduced
- Organize and document team processes
- Other duties as assigned
What are the must-haves for this role?
- At least 5 years of experience in customer support, with at least 3 years of demonstrated success as a manager
- Deep empathy, in particular for those who may struggle with technology
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbally
- A systems- and process-oriented mind, with strong attention to detail and deadlines
- Ability to work quickly and multi-task on competing priorities
- Enthusiasm about iteration and tackling challenges
What are the nice-to-haves for this role?
- Experience with Salesforce and Desk, or other customer service platforms
- Experience in engagement activities that fall outside the traditional confines of support work
- A great affection for technology that can impact the world
Compensation + Benefits
- Salary: commensurate with experience
While we’re a nonprofit, we take benefits very seriously:
- 20+ vacation days
- 10 holidays and 1 optional holiday
- 2 months of sabbatical leave after 7 years of service
- Time off to volunteer
- Unlimited sick time
- 401k plan with up to 6% match
- Up to $1,000 in learning and wellness reimbursements
- Plentiful snacks and beverages
- Weekly catered lunch + tea time
- And more!
Apply by Friday, January 19, 2018 @ 4pm EST.