Idealist is looking for a phenomenal front-end developer to help lead the development of our flagship website, Idealist.org. We’re looking for someone with major technical chops who can think around corners and write elegant code at a rapid pace.
Idealist helps people all over the planet to change the world for the better. We are the go-to job board for the nonprofit and social good sector, and we have big ambitions for the year ahead. Founded in 1995, Idealist has grown and evolved at a pace with the Internet itself. We combine the mission of a 501(c)3 nonprofit with the metrics-driven mentality of a startup.
Your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Write and maintain automated tests.
- Implement designs using files provided by the design team (e.g. Sketch files).
- Keep an eye on bugs happening in production (e.g. using TrackJS), and make fixes as necessary.
- Participate in software design decisions.
- Work with other developers and help prioritize work.
In addition, you’ll work in environments where the following libraries and services are in use: Docker Compose, Python, Pyramid, SQLAlchemy, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ, Stripe, Fastly, and Filestack.
Why would would you want to jump ship at the job you have to take a chance on us?
- You want to be part of a stable, global brand in the social impact space, and want your work to make a difference right away
- We have a great track record: we have built tools that have made an impact in millions of people's lives, but with your help, there is so much more we can do
- You want to work for a place that values your contributions, moves quickly, and at the same time, allows you the flexibility to have a great balance between your personal and professional life
- You will work with amazing, smart, funny people who will value you as both a coworker, and as a person
We have a beautiful new office at 36th and 5th in midtown Manhattan, we'll pay very competitively, and we have, like, the best benefits:
- 20+ vacation days in first year, 25 days in year two
- 10 holidays and 1 optional holiday
- Unlimited sick time
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage for you and your family
- Great 401K plan with up to 6% + match
- 2 months of sabbatical leave after ever 7 years of service (plus 6 weeks vacation)
- In additional to 100% paid professional development, up to $1000 annually in wellness and learning reimbursements for your own hobbies
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Breakfast items and snacks daily, weekly + catered lunches, monthly massages, and a plethora of beverages and goodies all day long
This is a full-time, in-office position.